Barón de Chirel Verdejo Viñas Centenarias
- Very old vines more than 100 years in age, ungrafted, on pre-phylloxera stocks from the Aldeanueva del Codonal and Aldehuela districts, goblet pruned.
- The Segovia verdejo is different to that of Rueda due to the acid, granite nature of the soil.
- Picked by hand in 20-kilo crates.
- On arrival at the winery, they undergo a double sorting process, first the whole clusters and then the individual grape berries. Only the first free run must is used for this wine as it has not very high cloudiness and great quality.
- We look for just the right amount of fine wood to give the wine a greater impact, more depth, while respecting the essential character of the grape.
- The wine obtained has a dense mouth-feel, long and full of flavours. Its natural acidity, thanks to the altitude of the plots, some of them at 900 metres, ensures it will continue to develop well in the bottle.
Grape variety Verdejo 100%